Get A Car Shipping QuoteApril 3, 2020
Obtaining a shipping quote is simple, secure, and fast with Nexus Auto Transport. This is true whether you have purchased a vehicle, you’re moving, or you want to relocate your vehicle. By entering a small amount of information into our car shipping calculator, you allow us to provide you with a competitive car shipping quote.
Will My Information Be Safe?
Unfortunately, many car shipping companies gather your information in order to sell it to other industries for spam purposes. This unethical practice is widespread across several industries.
Why Is Your Service Better Than Other Companies?
Our agents monitor market fluctuations in real-time, giving the added advantage of providing up-to-date rate information. We pass on the savings to our clients, which ensures you’re always getting the best rates. We can only achieve this by providing high-quality service and the best possible rates.
Many other companies will offer a bargain-basement rate, then later hit you with charges and fees they never mentioned. We strive to do better, customizing your quote to include all fees and charges and notifying you of any conditions that may affect your final total.
How Do I Get an Auto Transport Quote
Gone are the days when you had to call businesses and get quotes over the phone. You can still do that if you prefer, but technology today allows you to go online and get anonymous quotes over the internet easily. There are several ways you can obtain an auto transport quote:
Instant Quote Over the Telephone
If you prefer to speak directly to a customer service representative for your quote, you can call the company’s toll-free number. You can talk to a real person, give them the information they need in order to generate your quote, and have your quote in mere minutes.
Instant Quote by Email
If you want a hard copy of your auto transport quote, email is perfect for you. Choose several reputable auto shipping companies, go to their websites, and fill out their quick online forms with your basic information and your email address. Your auto transport quote will be delivered to your inbox in no time.
Online Quote Generator
If you would rather skip the spammy emails and possible unwanted phone calls, you can obtain an anonymous online quote very easily. Most transport companies have an online quote generator on their website that will help you get a good estimate. You will need to input your vehicle details, your pick up location as well as the destination, and the date of pick up in order to receive an instant estimate.
If you prefer to compare shipper’s quotes, you can look for a multi-quote marketplace, which works with multiple car shippers. One these websites you can get several auto transport quotes instantly on a single page. There is a possible downside, though. You might start receiving spam from their partner companies.
What Factors Can Affect the Quoted Price?
Although each company’s car shipping quotes will vary a little, they all take the following factors into accounts when putting together your estimate:
- Your Vehicle’s make, model, and year: smaller sedans tend to weigh less and take up less room on the trailer compared to SUVs, trucks, and larger, heavier cars.
- Pickup and Delivery Locations: Shipping to and from a major city will be more affordable. There are more trucks available and they will have easier access to the freeways. If you want to save money on small-town or remote shipments, you can choose to meet the transporter at a central terminal for pick up and delivery.
- Distance: This is a major factor in your vehicle shipment quote. The longer the trip, the more it will cost.
- Carrier Type: There are two different types of carriers. Open carriers are more common and less expensive than the alternative. Enclosed carriers tend to be more for luxury, classic, and exotic cars.
- Seasons and Weather: During the summer months, when people are moving, shipping costs tend to be a little higher due to higher demand and driver availability. Rates will also rise during the snowbird season, as well. If you are able, book your car shipment in the off-season to save some money.
- Vehicle condition: If your vehicle is not running, there will be an added cost.
When you request a quote, the calculator will ask you important questions, such as:
- Where is the pickup location?
- Where is the delivery location?
- What is the date for your pick up?
- What is your expected arrival date at the delivery location?
- Are the locations easily accessible by large trucks?
For example, relocating your vehicle from Montana to Pennsylvania at the end of December might be more challenging than at other times of the year due to winter weather and a remote pickup location.
Of course, we will discuss any such issues like this with you during the quote in order to find the best rate possible for your specific conditions.
What Factors Can Affect the Estimated Shipping Time?
Along with your quote, you’ll receive an estimated shipping window. This estimate is based on optimal conditions and can be affected by several issues, including:
- Driver availability
- Bad weather
- Road construction
- Scale delays
- Late deliveries to other destinations
While we try to provide the fastest possible delivery, we cannot guarantee perfect conditions along the road. You will be contacted if there will be a delay in your pick up or delivery, and we will always do our best to provide you with outstanding service.
Give Our Car Shipping Calculator a Try
We believe in providing a premium service without it costing you an arm and a leg. This is why we take every measure to ensure our auto shipping cost calculator offers you the most competitive prices.
Economy: If you’re not in a rush to ship your vehicle and you have some flexibility in regard to the pickup date, this is definitely the most cost-effective option and perfect for those on a low budget.
Standard: If you’re happy to pay the market rate to have your vehicle shipped in a timely manner, this is the recommended option. Pickups are normally within three days from the first available date, and your driver will head to the destination immediately after pickup.
Expedited: If you’re in a rush to have your vehicle shipped as soon as possible using our dedicated drivers, expedited is the way to go. Guaranteed pickup dates are available for most routes using this service.