Some of the most common questions we encounter when it comes to auto transport are about delivery times. The answers to these questions depend on a variety of factors. Here we will explain the basic process, as well as a few things that can affect your shipping time.
How Long Will It Take To Pick Up My Car?
Once you’ve spoken to your carrier and made shipping arrangements it should take about 2-7 days for pick-up. Though this does depend on how remote the area is where the car is located and how far the driver is coming from.
Your shipping company should give you a general “window” for pickup and delivery that includes estimated pick up date, carrier time, and delivery date. Please bear in mind, these will only be estimates. Any company that guarantees dates will own their own trucking line. If they don’t have their own fleet, they cannot guarantee your pickup date.
How Long Does Delivery Take?
Once your car has been loaded, the travel time will depend on how far you’re shipping the car, the time of year, and the location where the car is being delivered. The delivery date offered by the shipping company will be an estimate based on perfect conditions.
In the case of a delay, the shipping company will call to let you know what has caused the delay and give you a new estimated delivery date.
What Are Some Common Delays For Shipping?
There are a few problems that could delay your shipping time, such as a lack of available trucks to transport your car. Below we’ve listed the most common reasons for delays in shipping.
- Weather – Weather can be a big issue if you’re shipping to or from a cold weather location. Unexpected storms are guaranteed to slow down shipping as the transport company driver may need to pull over until the storms have passed.
- Holidays – Bigger holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve are often considered blackout dates for car shipping companies, because drivers are scarce and traffic is terrible. Expect delays during these holidays.
- Unexpected Downtime – No car transport service can predict every event along a shipping route. Reputable car transport services will call and let you know the cause of the delay and allocate you a new delivery date.
How Long Will Shipping Take Without Delays?
A general time frame for shipment and delivery is outlined below. We do not guarantee this estimate to be accurate for your conditions, as it is based on perfect results.
- Pick up at your location: 2-7 days
- Travel time: 2-10 days
- Delivery total : 4-17 days
As stated, this outline is based on ideal conditions. In order to receive an accurate estimate you need to contact a few car shipping companies and decide which one can provide you with the best service. Each company will have questions for you to answer and will provide an estimate based on your information.Tags: Car Shipping Cost State to State, car shipping quote, ship a car state to state, Shipping Car State to State